Always a desirable locale, U.S. News and World Report crowned Austin the Best Place to Live in 2017. The city takes the top spot from Denver, Colorado, which fell to #2 this year. Austin received an overall score of 7.8 out of 10.
U.S. News and World Report looks at five data categories to determine the rankings.
- Job Market – 7.5 out of 10. Austin’s unemployment rate is lower than the national average, while the average household income trends well above average making it a highly desirable job market.
- Value – 7.3 out of 10. Although Austin offers similar home values as other comparable metro areas, it is a bit pricier than the national average.
- Quality of Life – 7.3 out of 10. Austin has a lower crime rate than similarly sized metro areas and it also offers outstanding recreation opportunities, college sports and cultural activities.
- Desirability – 8.4 out of 10. The generally mild weather and excellent school systems make Austin very appealing.
- Net Migration – 9.8 out of 10. Fifty people move to Austin each day drawn by the city’s music scene, outdoor recreation, job market and culture.
Ready to live in the best place?
Drees Custom Homes builds throughout the city. From Dripping Springs to Georgetown, Liberty Hill to Lakeway, Drees builds in more than a dozen communities or opt to build on your own lot. Homes start in the $380s.
Contact New Home Specialist Anita Kosco at 866-265-2980 to learn more today.